Spend a full day exploring the best of Sacred Valley. Marvel at the Inca Sites, bargain at the local markets, and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant with the best of Peruvian cuisine.
Sacred Valley tour takes you on an all-inclusive adventure to explore the most important markets, Inca sites, and local villages. Start with a pick-up in your hotel, and visit Awancancha, Pisaq Market, the Fortress of Ollantaytambo, and Chichero Weaver land.
- Visit Awanacancha alpacas and llama farm
- Bargain at Pisaq Handicraft local market
- Explore the Fortress of Ollantaytambo
- Learn the ancient weaving techniques at Chinchero
Sacred Valley Tour at a Glance
After being collected from your hotel in Cusco at 8:00 am, drive with your exclusive tour guide and comfortable transportation with AC to Awanacancha llama and alpaca farm. Your tour guide will explain to you the difference between them. Then drive to Mirador Taray, where you'll have amazing views of teh Sacred Valley, the Urubamba River, and the Andes mountains. Afterward, go to the Pisaq Inca site, one of the most intact Inca sites in Cusco, visit the tombs, the vast farming terraces, and explore the local handicraft market.
After bargaining, travel along the Vilcanota River to Urubamba for lunch, and enjoy various Peruvian dishes using fresh local Â´products. After lunch, drive to Ollantaytambo town, where you will explore the cobble-stone streets and the fortress.
Places we visited during Sacred Valley Tour
- Awanacancha llama and alpaca farm
- Pisaq handicraft market
- Pisaq archaeological site
- Ollantaytambo fortress
- Chinchero Land of Weavers
What you need to take:
- Rain gear, just in case
The Sacred Valley Tour is a fascinating exploration of the heart of the ancient Inca civilization in Peru. Typically done as a day trip from Cusco, the tour showcases the valley's stunning landscapes, rich cultural history, and impressive archaeological sites. Here's a brief outline of what to expect on a Sacred Valley Tour:
Departure from Cusco:
- Start the day with an early morning pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
- Explore the ancient Inca ruins of Pisac, known for its agricultural terraces and stunning views
- Visit the vibrant Pisac market, where you can find traditional Andean handicrafts, textiles, and souvenirs
- Discover the well-preserved Inca town of Ollantaytambo, which features original Inca buildings and narrow cobblestone streets
- Explore the impressive Ollantaytambo fortress and learn about its strategic importance during the Inca Empire
- Some tours include visits to Chinchero, a traditional Andean village famous for its textile market and colonial church
- Maras salt mines, an incredible network of terraced salt pans dating back to Inca times
Moray archaeological site, featuring unique circular terraces believed to have been used for agricultural experiments by the Incas
Return to Cusco
- After a day full of exploration, return to Cusco in the late afternoon or early evening
- Pickup from your hotel
- Drop-off at Plaza Regocijo
- Modern Transportation with AC
- Professional exclusive native guide
- Entrance fee to all places we visit
- Buffet lunch in Urubamba
How do I book a Sacred Valley Tour?
You can book a Sacred Valley Tour through a local tour operator in Cusco, an online travel agency, or your hotel. Group tours and private tours are available, depending on your preference and budget.
How long is the Sacred Valley Tour?
The Sacred Valley Tour is typically a full-day trip, lasting approximately 8-10 hours. The tour begins with an early morning pick-up from your hotel in Cusco and concludes with a return to Cusco in the late afternoon or early evening.
How much does the Sacred Valley Tour cost?
The cost of a Sacred Valley Tour depends on the tour operator, group size, and inclusions (transportation, entrance fees, guide, meals, etc.). Group tours are generally more affordable than private tours. Prices for group tours typically range from $100 to $150 per person, while private tours can cost between $160 and $200 per person.
What should I bring on a Sacred Valley Tour?
For a Sacred Valley Tour, you should bring the following:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Layers of clothing to accommodate changing weather conditions
- Rain gear (especially during the rainy season)
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen)
- Water and snacks
- Local currency for shopping at markets or purchasing souvenirs
- Camera and/or smartphone for photos
What is the altitude in the Sacred Valley?
The altitude of the Sacred Valley varies between its different sites. Pisac is located at an altitude of approximately 2,800 meters (9,186 feet) above sea level, while Ollantaytambo sits at around 2,792 meters (9,160 feet) above sea level. Although the altitude is lower than Cusco, visitors should still be mindful of the potential for altitude sickness and take necessary precautions.
Can I customize my Sacred Valley Tour?
Yes, many tour operators offer the option to customize your Sacred Valley Tour according to your interests and preferences. If you have specific sites you'd like to visit or activities you'd like to include, discuss your preferences with your tour operator to create a personalized itinerary.